Autumn Cumberland Sausage & Bean Casserole
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 600g Cranstons thick Cumberland sausage
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 125ml white wine
- 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 x 400g tin of mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x bunch chives, snipped and chopped
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large pan, adding the finely chopped onion and cooking gently for five minutes or until they’re soft.
Next, add the finely chopped sticks of celery, and the yellow and red pepper. Cook for a further five minutes.
Then add the Cumberland sausage and fry for five minutes.
Add chopped garlic cloves, paprika, cumin and dried thyme, stir, then cook for 1-2 minutes.
Pour in the white wine and stir.
Stir in the chopped tomatoes and sprigs of thyme and bring to a simmer. Crumble in the stock cube and stir.
Cook for around 40 minutes then stir in the mixed beans and cook for a further five minutes.
Remove the sprigs of thyme then season with black pepper and chives.